No matter how bulgy and all-muscle we are, once we hit the 30-year-old mark, our bodies start failing us. And no, we’re not talking about renal failure, heart failure or whatever serious health issue – we’re referring to small yet chronic changes like impaired libido, drowsiness, a need to sleep more and do less stuff, reduced strength, etc.
While this might look like the beginning of the end, it’s not that big of a deal. Not if you get a good testosterone booster, at least. We are 100% aware of the fact that many people take these as steroids or combined with other substances that take things on an unnatural course.
Testosterone boosters are supplements made of herbs tasked with improving one’s testosterone levels safely. If you don’t have enough time to do research in order to find out which booster would be best for you, there’s no better place for you to be.
In the following, I’ll introduce you to the greatest products you can find these days, as well as give you general valuable information about these supplements so that you know what they should have in their formula and what they should not.
Top Testosterone Boosters
|Prime Labs Men’s Testosterone Booster||Weight loss, building muscle, mood||5/5|
|Testogen Testosterone Booster||Energy levels, mood, increased libido||5/5|
|Superior Labs TEST WORx||Stamina, insomnia||5/5|
|Invictus Alpha Boost||Stamina, lean muscles||4/5|
|Evlution Testosterone Booster||Stamina & recovery||4/5|
|Iron Brothers Testosterone Booster||Libido & strength||4/5|
There are hundreds of different brands of testosterone boosters, but these ones have proved to be the most cost-effective of all of them. I chose Prime Labs Men’s Testosterone Booster as the clear winner because it’s got everything a man needs.
The others are great, too, but just a tad behind it. In the following, I’ll provide you with an in-depth review for each of these 6 products and I’ll break it down in terms of productivity, ingredients and overall feasibility.
Low testosterone levels can cause a large array of issues. The good news is that once they drop, you’ll certainly feel it. You’ll observe that you’ll get tired a lot quicker than you used to and that you’re exhausted no matter how much you sleep.
Your sexual drive will take quite the hit, as will your weight loss endeavors. Psychologically-wise, you’ll feel irritated and depressed and your moods will swing severely. Prime Labs’ testosterone can change all that.
- Made with natural ingredients
- Extremely affordable
- Used with amazing effects by thousands of people worldwide
- Works charms on one’s waning libido
- It helps with weight loss
- It boosts the energy throughout the day
- No vitamin D, which is pretty important in testosterone boosters
- It has magnesium stearate, which gets wildly divided opinions as to its efficiency
- It is not suitable for people with an allergy to herbal ingredients (it might cause palpitations and anxiety)
The Prime Labs was formulated with stearic acid, which is a fatty acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, an alternative to gluten, microcrystalline cellulose and extracts of the following plants: saw palmetto, sarsaparilla, tongkatali, wild yam, nettle and horny goat weed.
It also contains silicon dioxide and magnesium stearate. They work together to improve your energy levels, subsequently making your workouts more worthwhile.
Sarsaparilla has anticancer benefits and helps with a virtually endless list of issues that might befall a man once he’s older than 30: indigestion problems, gout, infections, fatigue, colds, sore muscles, low sexual drive, rheumatoid arthritis and many, many others.
Tongkatali is a natural antibacterial, it improves the functioning of the immune system, it is an anxiolytic, it helps with weight loss, it decreases high blood pressure and high blood sugar levels and improves the libido.
Saw palmetto is best known for the fact that it helps with hair loss and keeps the prostate healthy. Moreover, it improves the libido and keeps urinary tract problems at bay.
Wild yam has been studied for years and some scientists claim that it toughens the bones, offers relief to those suffering from rheumatoid arthritis and might also tackle infertility.
Horny goat weed helps with erectile dysfunction due to an active ingredient called icariin. It is also a potent neuro-protecting agent, as well as a great energy-booster.
Nettle is the complete package: it has plenty of vitamins and is a formidable plant, generally-speaking. It’s been used for hundreds of years to treat anemia, hair loss, hemorrhoids and also helps with tendonitis, gingivitis, low energy levels and asthma.
- The Bottom Line
Needless to say, Prime Labs Men’s Testosterone Booster is a fantastic product that will serve you well. Not only that it will increase your testosterone levels, but it will also make you feel well-rested, more energetic and self-confident.
Sure, it lacks vitamin D, but there are plenty of sources you can get that from. This product is the definite winner, at least from my point of view. I’ve been taking it for years and I wouldn’t stop for anything in the world.
Testogen is one of the most known testosterone boosters because it always delivered its promises. Men with low testosterone levels were absolutely blown away by this booster right here, which can only mean one thing: you’ll subscribe.
It will help you with everything from fatigue and low libido to poor strength and psychological issues like chronic stress and anxiety.
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- It is perfect for athletes (it helps to build lean muscles and burn fat)
- Now with a little less zinc
- It is packed with vitamins D, K1,and B6
- You’ll find negative results only if you look on the Internet for hours on end and it’s not a guarantee you’ll find them even then
- It is kind of expensive
- It can’t be bought anywhere else but from the Testogen site, so you have to pay the retail price
As mentioned, this was made with all-natural ingredients, with red ginseng, fenugreek and a cocktail of vitamins and other ingredients that have a positive effect on low testosterone.
Fenugreek is full of iron (3.7 milligrams per tablespoon of seeds), manganese, phosphorus, copper, and magnesium. It’s been shown to lower bad cholesterol, increase libido, lower chronic inflammation, get rid of dandruff and take care of swollen lymph nodes and gout.
Red ginseng, on the other hand, helps with endurance, improves the mood and the immune system and has been speculated to play a quite important part in curing erectile dysfunction.
Now let’s take a look at the vitamins. Vitamin D is a powerful mood enhancer and it helps with weight loss. If you’ve ever felt tired and were aching all over, you might have had a passing vitamin D deficiency. This is to say that once you get a proper dosage of it, you’ll feel more rested.
Vitamin K1 is an adjuvant for vitamin D, in the sense that your body will absorb the latter at a faster rate than it would without some additional K1. Apart from this, it is a blood-thickening agent that will make your superficial wounds and scrapes heal quicker.
Vitamin B is in a really odd position: it does not increase the testosterone level per se, but it has been proved that men with vitamin B deficiency are more likely to have low testosterone levels.
Testogen also contains bioperine and boron. Boron improves coordination and cerebral processes and it also works as a (very) mild painkiller. Bioperine is an active ingredient found in black pepper.
The research on this substance is scant as of yet, but it showed promising results. It might function as a natural antidepressant and it could improve memory, the immune system, and the metabolism.
- The Bottom Line
In terms of sideeffects, Testogen is almost devoid of them. The only thing you should be aware of is feeling nauseous and getting headaches that won’t go away. If any of these happens to you, then your body isn’t taking the zinc in the testosterone booster all that well.
Stop taking the supplement and look for another one that has a lower concentration of zinc.
Superior Labs TEST WORx might not be the most-known testosterone booster out there, but we hope that this will shed some light on it. It has some ingredients that the other products don’t have, and this might make a difference for some.
- Efficiency proved clinically
- It comes as vegetable capsules
- It improves stamina, mood, and libido
- It is made with vitamin B12 and vitamin B6
- It has l-arginine and eurycomalongifolia extract
- It is quite expensive
Eurycomalongifolia is a plant that is especially helpful in ED, the improvement of the athletic performance, recovery time from workouts and muscular strength. This is the first testosterone booster in our guide that has this miraculous plant. Moreover, its efficiency has been proved scientifically.
L-arginine is a nutrient that keeps the immune system in proper shape and also maintains the levels of testosterone. It is also said that it plays a part in making the kidneys remove toxins quicker – this is crucial since the kidneys really need some help when you take testosterone boosters for long stretches of time.
Superior Labs TEST WORx contains the following ingredients (apart from the ones already mentioned): niacinamide, zinc, nettle root and tribulusterrestis extract. Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3 used for treating bouts of acne and inflammation.
Niacinamide is commonly found in foods like mushrooms, fish and pretty much all the varieties of meat you can think of.
- The Bottom Line
The Superior Labs TEST WORx is a phenomenal testosterone booster. It is a bit pricey, we know, but that’s because everything about it has been backed scientifically. Thanks to the niacinamide in it, you’ll not only get a good serving of energy and renewed libido, but you’ll also manage to get rid of acne a lot quicker.
Invictus’ Alpha Boost has been a fan-favorite for a long time now, which is really surprising given that it hasn’t been approved by the FDA. However, if it’s to believe the thousands of users, it does its job and then some.
Ingredients-wise, it has the same formula as the Prime Labs Testosterone Booster, with the mention that this has boron in it.
- All-natural ingredients
- It has boron
- One of the highest rated testosterone boosters on the market
- Affordable by excellence
- It is great for athletes
- Amazing effects on one’s libido
- The statements made by the manufacturer weren’t evaluated by the FDA, which might put some customers off
- No vitamins
The Invictus testosterone booster works in pretty much the same way as the first booster we’ve introduced you to, the Prime Labs one. The only exception is that this has boron, which is a welcome addition to the formula.
The vast majority of testosterone boosters these days have vitamins because they’re meant for those who suffer from deficiencies of certain vitamins on top of low testosterone vitamins.
In this light, if you take your vitamins from elsewhere (nutrition, for starters), you don’t actually need a testosterone booster that has a ton of vitamins. When taken in excess, even these can have some nasty sideeffects.
Let’s tackle boron a little more in-depth because we’ve only scraped the surface previously. You’ve probably heard about this left and right in the world of testosterone boosters.
What you haven’t heard – and we’re willing to bet on that – is that it’s rare on Earth. To be more on-point: our solar system, as a whole, isn’t replete with boron. It is a natural antiviral, antiseptic and antifungal agent.
When ingested, boron accelerates the speed with which your body absorbs magnesium. On top of that, it makes your body hang on to that Vitamin D for a longer time. If you’re suffering from chronic inflammation (which, by the way, is a sign of prolonged stress), you’ll find boron handy, since it will fight it off.
There is also evidence that boron strengthens the bones, so calcium isn’t the only one that does that.
- The Bottom Line
Even though this is basically another Prime Labs, the boron in it makes a huge difference and you’ll definitely feel it. Couple the awesome effects of boron on the human body with the effects of all the plant extracts included in this booster’s formula and you get the recipe for success.
No wonder why so many people all over the world have made this their go-to testosterone booster.
The Evlution is another combo of natural plant extracts and vitamins that sells for a fraction of the price that subpar testosterone boosters sell for. Here’s a piece of advice: you don’t actually need to spend hundreds of dollars on boosters.
We assure you – they’re in no way better than the cheaper ones. There are 8 main ingredients in this booster, and each of them is a winner.
- Vitamins and plant extracts in 1 product
- It is perfect for anybody and it is affordable
- Made with magnesium asparate, among others
- 30 servings in a rather stylish bottle
- The obvious choice for vegans
- It increases estrogen at the same time as testosterone
- It smells kind of bad
- It has an extremely high dosage of vitamins
The Evlution Testosterone Booster contains d-aspartic acid, vitamin D, vitamin B6, magnesium aspartate, zinc, fenugreek, dim, and tribulus extract. We’ve talked about fenugreek previously, so we’ll focus on the other ingredients instead.
Tribulus has been used for hundreds of years as a treatment for erectile dysfunction and low libido. It is also an antiviral and antibacterial agent; therefore, it will keep your immune system on the watch for viruses, bacteria, and infections.
Magnesium aspartate is basically a form of magnesium that the body absorbs much quicker. It accounts for the fact that the athletes who get a normal dose of magnesium aspartate seldom get sore and stiff muscles.
Vitamin D helps with weight loss, depression, diabetes and bone problems such as osteoporosis. While it doesn’t increase testosterone levels, it’s been shown to protect the existing ones. Subsequently, once your intake of vitamin D is optimal, your testosterone levels won’t drop down even further.
Diindolylmethane (DIM, for short) might offer some extra protection against a few types of cancer (prostate and colon). Simply put, it’s a substance in the class of super-antioxidants.
Zinc is detrimental to the well-functioning of the immune system. The fact that without zinc, children can’t grow properly says a lot about how important this mineral really is to humans. It’s been claimed that it might ward off cancer, but there is no sufficient proof to that.
Melatonin is a substance that we simply cannot do without. When we close our eyes to go to sleep, our brains produce this substance that helps us sleep well. It also works as an antioxidant and destroys the free radicals that might become cancer cells. Vitamin B6 will help your body to make melatonin.
Finally, d-aspartic acid improves the natural production of testosterone.
- The Bottom Line
The Evlution Testosterone Booster is a truly miraculous product. No matter what symptoms of low testosterone you have – irritability, low sexual desire, exhaustion, restless sleep, etc. – this booster is sure to take care of the problem for you.
Another great thing about it is that it’s so affordable. There are hundreds of other brands out there that are expenesive and have little to no actual efficiency. You cannot go wrong with this and the other thousands of satisfied customers are ready to give you all the proof you need.
Until now, there were no significant differences between the formulas of the products (well, save for the vitamins and the 3-4 new ingredients found in the Superior Labs product). This is the first testosterone booster on our list that brings something new to the table.
From the menacing name and the hard-hitting design of the bottle, the Iron Brothers testosterone booster will provide you 30 servings of pure power. It’s true that it’s a tad more expensive than some of the other boosters, but it’s worth every dime.
- Made with tribulus extract
- Vitamin B-3, zinc, bioperine and vitamin D
- It is registered with the FDA
- 90 veggie capsules
- It’s easy on the stomach
- Some might find it a bit expensive
The two ingredients found in this one and lacking from the rest of the testosterone boosters we’ve already reviewed are maca root powder and ashwagandha root extract. The former is another super-antioxidant.
Modern people don’t seem to understand how antioxidants are working. Without them in our bodies, cancer would thrive and possibly kill us all. It goes without saying that you should make sure that you eat many foods that are rich in antioxidants.
Maca root has other benefits: it boosts your energy and improves your libido and mood when you feel blue. It also has nutritive perks: it is packed with iron, vitamin C, copper, amino acids, and polyphenols.
2 tbsp. of maca root powder have 130% of the daily dose of vitamin C that a healthy man should take.
Ashwagandha root extract is not very well-known, but it should be. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from diabetes, as it was scientifically demonstrated that it reduces the levels of sugar in the blood.
Although more research is needed, ashwagandha is supposed to be a potent anticarcinogenic. Also, if you have signs of insomnia, chronic anxiety, and depression, ashwagandha will help you get some relief.
It also reduces inflammation, lowers bad cholesterol and helps your body produce more testosterone.
Niacin, best known as vitamin B3, lowers cholesterol and the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases, thanks to the fact that it lowers blood pressure. If you suffer from hypotension, consult a doctor before you start taking Iron Brothers.
If you’re an athlete and you could use some extra mobility (to bench press more, for instance), B3 will definitely help you out.
- The Bottom Line
There’s no doubt that the Iron Brothers Testosterone Booster is an all-inclusive product. It’s got vitamins and extracts that will help you pump more at the gym without feeling that you’ll pass out immediately.
Again, we recommend those that know for a fact that they have low blood pressure to consult a doctor before they start taking this testosterone booster. Ashwagandha will lower it even more, and that’s the last thing a hypertensive man needs.
Alright, these were the 6 best testosterone boosters, but our guide isn’t over. In the next sections, we’ll tackle some crucial aspects pertaining to these products and we’ll answer some of the most common questions about them.
These include: who should take them, how should you choose your boosters, what are the ingredients you should look for, how do they work and what will they do for you?
Who Should Take Testosterone Boosters?
It should be obvious that testosterone boosters are not for everybody. If you’re 18, for example, you shouldn’t take testosterone boosters just because you think you’re going to be the next Arnold Schwarzenegger by the time you’ve taken all the servings.
Males over 30, on the other hand, can and should take them if they experience symptoms like excessive drowsiness, lethargy, insomnia, low libido and general inability to get sexually aroused, muscle aches and stiffness, uncontrollable weight gain and many more.
Now you’re probably wondering: why can’t I take testosterone boosters if I’m younger than 30? The answer is really simple: you don’t need them because your body is still producing testosterone at a normal rate.
Women should not take testosterone boosters because they can lead to excessive hair growth and a woman wouldn’t want that unless she wasreally into shaving.
Do They Have Side Effects?
The detractors of testosterone boosters will start to badmouth them immediately on account of their hellish side effects. However, that’s more than an exaggeration. While there are some adverse reactions, they are not life-threatening.
Most of them are made with natural ingredients that do not pose any threat whatsoever to you. The shady ones, on the other hand, might contain harmful chemicals that you’re better without.
Here are some of the minor secondary effects affiliated with testosterone boosters:
- Mood swings, particularly unfounded anger. Testosterone can cause aggressive behavior, but you’ll be far from musing about attacking people. Moreover, mood swings tend to occur more frequently when the boosters are taken in excess.
- Insomnia – yes, as paradoxical as it may seem (given that testosterone boosters purportedly alleviate insomnia), boosters can make it difficult for people to fall asleep. This is because they raise the energy levels and it goes without saying that you can’t fall asleep very quickly when you’re ready to literally take a bull by the horns and wrestle.
- Anxiety – too much testosterone can cause feelings of anxiety. In fact, it’s one of the most common side effects of testosterone boosters.
- Acne – remember when you were a teenager and had some awful acne bursts? They happened because the testosterone levels in your body were constantly rising. Obviously, if you use testosterone boosters for a very long time, those bursts might come back with a vengeance.
- Kidney and heart problems – these are the major side effects of testosterone boosters, but in order for these to occur, one would need to take them for decades without stopping for one day. Boosters increase the red cells count, which can eventually result in heart problems. They can also cause renal failure.
The best way to stay away from all these reactions is to take testosterone boosters for a while, then stop for at least one week. This way, they’ll get out of your system and once it’s all cleaned up, you’ll be ready to start taking them again.
What Are the Things You Would Want from a Booster?
There are different kinds of testosterone boosters on the market, which automatically means that there are various formulas, and we all know that what’s heaven for the spider can be chaos for the fly.
What you’d want from a good testosterone booster, right off the bat, is to have a label that all the ingredients are listed on. Do yourself a favor and don’t buy boosters that do not specify what they contain.
The good news is that very few subpar brands manage to trick people into buying their boosters. What’s more, the FDA cracks on them pretty frequently. Labels should also point out the exact dosage of each of the ingredients.
The rule of thumb is that some things need to go into the formula and others don’t. Vitamins are great, but once again – if you’re taking them from a balanced diet, you don’t really need a vitamin-based booster.
Another thing you should always angle for is longevity: is the booster you’re going to purchase an obscure one that nobody heard of or is it one that’s been used by thousands of men for years on end?
The “older” a booster is, the more reliable it will become and the more reviews it will have. And since we’re speaking about reviews: don’t shy away from checking them out. They might underline potential side effects, overall effectiveness, and the price-quality ratio.
What Do They Do, Exactly?
As you might already know, testosterone is produced by the testicles. When you take testosterone boosters, they will make those cells produce testosterone at a higher rate. In terms of benefits, this easy-to-understand process is pretty generous.
This is what will happen when you’ll start taking testosterone boosters:
- You’ll be more energetic: Low testosterone levels can make you lethargic and sick of everything. Once you take a booster, you’ll be as active as in the good old days, when you could bench press 2 women at once.
- You won’t be sleepy: Being exhausted all the time has a great impact on a good night’s sleep. You will have observed that no matter how much you sleep, you still feel like you’ve been beaten with hammers all over. A proper testosterone booster will help you feel well-rested even if you sleep for a shorter time than you normally do.
- Increased libido: One of the most disastrous effects of suffering from reduced testosterone levels is low libido. This can easily make men feel useless and not good for anybody, not to mention the fact that when you get even a mild erectile dysfunction, you kind of start hoping for the apocalypse. Testosterone boosters are formulated with natural ingredients whose efficiency in treating ED were proven scientifically. Here’s a thought: a testosterone booster is actually a lot safer than Viagra and various other pills meant to make you a man again.
- Weight loss: Growth hormones are not only tasked with turning men horny but with building lean muscles, as well. If you can’t get rid of fat, then you might just have low testosterone levels. When these are optimal, your body synthesizes protein better. Protein is then converted into muscles – which will make you understand why bodybuilders would rather forget their keys at home than their protein shakes.
- Improved mood: Anxiety and depression can be caused by multiple factors and one of them is having low testosterone levels. It can also be caused by this indirectly since if a man is dealing with ED, however mild and temporary, he is less likely to see the glasshalffull.
How Should You Choose Your Booster?
First things first: assess if you actually need it or you think you need it. There’s a huge difference between the 2. If you’re sleepy, perhaps you’re working too much. If you have ED, maybe your partner can’t satisfy you or you’re too stressed out.
If you’re experiencing uncontrollable weight gain, make sure you’re not living a sedentary lifestyle. Depression and anxiety can be caused by tens of things, while hair loss can be a genetically-inherited misfortune.
What’s the point of all this? The point is that too many people start taking testosterone boosters for all the wrong reasons they can possibly find. You should never take such a product if you don’t need it.
Here’s how to choose your booster without spending countless hours doing research on the Internet:
- Make sure that your issues are not caused by other health problems
- Assess if you need vitamins and not only plant extracts
- Narrow your choices to 2-3 boosters that have good reviews from people and labels that show both what’s in them and the dosage of each ingredient
- Don’t go straight to the expensive ones. They won’t do you more good than the ones you can buy in bulk from Amazon or other online stores
The Best Ingredients Found in Testosterone Boosters
This is the list of ingredients you’ll want your booster to be formulated with:
- Bioperine – commonly found in black pepper, this chemical will help your body absorb all the nutrients in the food. I’ve been skinny my entire life due to poor absorption of nutrients and I got the situation under control with bioperine This is especially helpful if you want to build muscle mass.
- Zinc – zinc needs no introduction. It’s safe to say that if your testosterone levels are dropping at an alarmingly fast rate, some zinc will do the trick and will get them back on the right track.
- Vitamins – testosterone boosters can be formulated with a wide array of vitamins. If you suffer from vitamin malabsorption, a testosterone booster with some extra vitamins is definitely the best choice you can make.
- Luteolin – luteolin is a flavone that has neuroprotective capabilities and also works as an anti-inflammatory agent. It has been proven that when this is added to a testosterone booster, testosterone isn’t aromatized as quickly as it is on a regular basis. Aromatization is basically the process that testosterone undertakes when it converts into estrogen. We shouldn’t even have to say that the last thing you want as a man is to have more estrogen than you have testosterone.
- Plant extracts – plants are used in testosterone boosters because they’re safe and devoid of major side effects that might either impair an individual or downright threaten his life. The most important thing about plant extracts yet is that plants rarely interact together (with the negative connotation, of course), in the sense that, no matter how many different plants are in your booster, they will not counter each other or react as to make you sick.
- D-aspartic acid – an amino acid that improves the body’s production of testosterone and keeps the levels steady. Fortunately, you’d have to look really hard on the market to find a testosterone booster that doesn’t have d-aspartic acid.
Time and time again, testosterone boosters have gotten a bad reputation. Some say they’re nothing but placebos and others say that they’re full of chemicals. That’s as far from the truth as it can be.
Testosterone boosters are very much safe for anybody, regardless of the conditions they might suffer from. Keep in mind that not all the testosterone boosters on the market have the same formula. What works for a friend of yours might not work very well for you. Review your needs and buy a booster that’s in line with them.
We should probably end our guide by saying, once again, that you shouldn’t take a booster if you’re under 30. You’ll have plenty of time to experiment with boosters once you get past that mark. Until then, enjoy your libido, energy and good night’s sleep. We hope that you’ve found this guide a real help in your endeavors to get your hands on a trustworthy testosterone booster.
We believe we’ve tackled all the aspects pertaining to boosters that you might have been interested in. If not, let us know and we will answer all the questions you still need an answer to.