Best Car DVD Players Buying Guide
Entertaining while getting transported from one place to another became popular when car radios made their debut in the 1930s. However, the options for entertainment while traveling have advanced since then, and one of the technologies that have taken this “pastime” to the next level are car DVD players. They allow users to enjoy a video or movie while traveling. This way, they can kill time without feeling bored even for a second.
If you are also impressed by how car DVD players are getting popular across the world, then we suggest that you read this buying guide along with our top recommendations. By the end of it, you will be able to make a smart investment in one of the greatest gadgets of the moment.
Top Car DVD Players
|Name||Unique Selling Point||Rating|
|eRapta Headrest DVD Player for Car||In car and at home entertainment.||5/5|
|DDAUTO DDA10D Dual Screen Tablet Android DVD Player||It works as an Android tablet.||5/5|
|DBPOWER 9.5-Inch Portable DVD Player||Lightweight and built-in battery.||5/5|
|Rockville RVD721-BK 7” Black Dual DVD Car Headrest||Dual monitors that keep two kids engaged at once.||4/5|
|NAVISKAUTO 10.1″ Dual Screen DVD Player||Long battery life and great memory feature.||4.5/5|
|XTRONS Black 2X Twin 9″ HD Touch Screen||Supports different languages, FM,and touchscreen.||4/5|
|NAVISKAUTO 10.1″ Tablet-Style Car Headrest DVD Player||Plays audio, video and mobile media and is compatible with Kindle Fire.||3.5/5|
|XTRONS 2x 10.1 Inch Twins HD Digital Screen DVD Player||Auto resume feature, bright screen, and sleek design.||3.5/5|
|Rockville RVD10HD-BK 10.1″ Flip Down Monitor DVD Player||Flip down feature, LED dome lights and iPhone compatibility.||4/5|
Now it’s time you know more about these top options available on the market right now. Read on to find out their top features and shortlist the products you want to invest in.
If you are looking for a DVD player that is easy to use, easy to install and offers a high-quality resolution, then your search ends here. It will ensure that you and your family stay entertained for a long time while offering loads of commendable features.
This is a headrest DVD player with a big monitor and 1080p pixel resolution. Also, it has an HDMI USB port and can be used with different head units. Apartfrom DVDs, it can also play MP3, MP4,and VCD.
It is also compatible with earbuds and can be used in and out of a car. Moreover, it can be charged by both a wall charger at home and a car charger while traveling.
Last, but not least, you can also connect it with your car radio to enjoy surround sound.
- You can use it wherever you want, indoors or outdoors
- It is compatible with different types of chargers
- The resolution is great, which enhances the viewing experience
- The size of the monitor is adequate
- You can easily connect two monitors easily
- Blu-ray and HD DVD discs might not work on this system
- The instruction booklet is not very detailed, and you might have to figure everything on the remote on your own
- The product might sometimes turn off on its own
- The Bottom Line
If you are looking for the best car DVD player that keeps you entertained on and off road, then this is a great option. It works as a headrest player in a car and a tablet when you are at home. So, your kids can enjoy different audio and video options and keep themselves entertained for hours while you concentrate on the driving part.
When looking for a DVD player that keeps you and your loved ones entertained during long journeys, you should not ignore this product. It’s multifunctional, simple to use and offers a great resolution. Also, it’s wireless and has Android 6.0 Quad-Core ARM A7 Quad 1.3Ghz CPU.It comes with 1GB RAM and 8 GB ROM and apart from playing DVDs, it can also entertain by allowing you to download apps, play games and surf the Internet.
It plays almost every DVD and has an attractive LCD touchscreen of 10.1”. Moreover, it can be used as a headrest DVD player in a car or a normal DVD player at home.
A big plus is that, due to its built-in battery, there is no need to depend on a car battery. Furthermore, it can double up as an Android tablet.
It supports TF cards, FM, HDMI, Airplay, Miracast, USB drive files and Bluetooth 4.0 and you can easily connect it to the radio.
- It has a large LCD screen
- It allows you to enjoy wireless operation
- You can use it as an Android tablet with ease
- Easy Wi-Fi connection
- Simple design and easy to use
- Some users have reported low volume issues
- When playing a DVD in it, the film often pauses without any reason
- A few users have reported that they are facing problems in connecting to the second
- The Bottom Line
This is one of the best car DVD players out there because it can keep everyone entertained, from kids to adults. Its one-year warranty, four-hour standby time and anti-vibration technologymake it a worthy product. So, those of you looking for one of the best DVD players for cars can trust it and never regret the decision.
If you’re looking for a region-free DVD player for cars that allows you to travel beyond the US borders with ease, you can look at this product. It fits perfectly on the headrest and keeps your entire family entertained. Kids are also bound to fall in love with this baby.
It has about 5 hours playing time thanks to a rechargeable lithium batteryof 2500mAh. Also, it is compatible with a car charger and an AC power adaptor.
You can play most formats on it that include but are not limited to DVD, CD, JPEG, MP3, etc. Also, it has a large 9.5″ LCD screen and can flip 80 degrees and swivel to 270 degrees.
It supports SD cards and USB to ensure movies and music can be played flawlessly. Moreover, you can pause and resume the movie or music if you take a break during the drive. Also, the good news is that it can connect with your TV at home.
- It has a built-in battery that makes charging hassle-free
- You can enjoy a lot of entertainment thanks to a 5-hour wireless playtime
- The swivel screen makes the experience better and offers most comfort to the users
- It works great even after getting dropped and kicked by a kid
- The product is light and easy to carry
- Sometimes, the movie stops abruptly and starts all over again
- The volume might seem low if you are driving on the highway
- It makes whirring and clicking sounds when a DVD is playing, which is often annoying
- The sound is low even when it’s turned to maximum
- The Bottom Line
What we like the best about this DVD player is the break-point memory function that allows you to not miss a scene of any movie by pausing and resuming it according to your wish. It plays most CDs and DVDs while allowing you to entertain with it in your car and outside it as well. It’s highly recommended for people who like to keep the entertainment going for hours thanks to its five-hour play time.
People who like to be entertained without a break should opt for this product. It is loaded with features and it’s easy to install. It also features adual screen that enhances the viewing experience and makes road trips fun and exciting rather than monotonous and boring.
A great feature of this device is that it allows you to enjoy as many games as you like thanks to its game controller.
Also, it is compatible with SD, USB, and HDMI. The latter enables you to connect it with iPad and iPhones.
With this gadget, you get high-resolution digital panels on monitors that enhance the viewing experience. Two people can use it simultaneously, one for playing games and the other for enjoying DVD movies.
Another great aspect is that the headrests are plush and highly comfortable. Also, it’s easy to fit this thanks to poles that are detachable. They can be adjusted between 4 and 7 inches.
- Dual monitors that allow two people to be entertained at once
- Built-in DVD and game controllerthat enhances the entertainment value
- Excellent digital screen resolution that allows you to get drowned in the scenes
- Great for the price
- Kids love it and keep quiet during road trips
- Some people have reported that there were lines across the screen
- The DVD player can emit buzzing sounds at times
- The quality is not considered to be the best by some users
- Some users reported that the screen became unglued
- The Bottom Line
The availability of two monitors is what sets this product apart from rest of the best car DVD players. The built-in game controllers make gaming a pure entertainment for not only kids but adults as well. For those of you who are bothered about how a DVD player would look in the interior of a car, you should know that it’s a perfect choice as it adds appeal to your car’s design.
Some families aren’t able to go on long trips just because the kids get bored easily. If you have one of such families, then it’s time for you to make the long journeys possible by investing in this DVD player that is portable and dual screen. It’s also a perfect option for families that have two kids with different entertainment preferences. It’s quite easy to install and detach from a car so you can do it singlehandedly.
It comes with two LCD screens featuring mirror link. Also, it supports SD, USB,and MMC so that you can play downloaded media.
Both screens can play images for hours, as it comes with a 2700mHh lithium battery that stays charged for 5 hours.
It plays everything from MP3 to CDs, and DVDs to JPEG. Moreover, it comes with a fully functional and easy to use remote control.
- Dual monitors that allow two people to enjoy different entertainment
- Wireless remote control that ensures you stay in total control
- Easy installation
- Picture and audio quality is really good
- It can work for 30-hour long road trips
- It is not compatible with wireless headphones
- The plastic on Velcro that allows it to stay attached to the headrest is of poor quality
- You can’t play MP4 formats
- The Bottom Line
This gadget will make those dreamy long car trips a reality because it will keep the passengers engaged for long. The two LCD monitors ensure that two people enjoy some form of entertainment and there is no conflict in the families with two kids. They come with 85db headphones and 60db speakers. As the charging time is over 6 hours, you will do well to charge them completely at home or in a car before starting that long-planned journey.
This is another DVD player with two screens to keep multiple passengers happy. You can install it easily, enjoy its versatile features and make your trips more enjoyable. The screens are awesome for a taxi cab as well as a family car.
This is a headrest DVD player that is quite easy to install. Moreover, it features on-screen buttons and menus that help you to control it easier.
It comes with a wireless game controller that supports 32-bit games. Also, it has a 32GB capacity and it can read MP3, MP4, DVD, CD, JPEG, and USB.
It has IR-TX and FM-TX that helps in transmitting your sound. It even comes with built-in headphones so that you don’t disturb the other people traveling with you. Furthermore, the FM connection that doesn’t need any special wiring or installation.
- Easy to control by kids due to the touchscreen feature
- It looks good in any car
- Easy to install once you understand how to do it
- Makes for an interesting gift
- It keeps the kids engaged and quiet
- The headrest posts are weak and might fall off
- If one of the pieces is defective, you have to return the entire unit and purchase it again
- The DVD might get stuck in it
- The Bottom Line
If you are looking to offer your passengers some quality time during long or bumpy road trips, then this item is worth your money. You can use it to make your movie experience magnificent thanks to the good sound quality and great images. You can also use it to watch JPEG files with ease. Since this allows you to watch multi-region movies, it can work flawlessly even when you are traveling beyond the US borders.
If you want a rich DVD player that works smoothly and requires minimum installation, this should be one of your choices. It is one of the best car DVD players thanks to itsnumerous features and ease of use. You can trust it for long-term entertainment.
It can be used in the car or at home, it’s completely your choice.The rounded design of the unit means that you won’t fear for the safety of your kids around the edges.
The item is region-free, which allows you to go beyond the American borders and explore other nations and cultures as well. Moreover, you can play the same video on both screens or let two of your kids enjoy two different movies. It all depends on the preferences of the passengers.
Thanks to the HDMI feature, you can play audio and video from your mobile phone or even from Kindle Fire.
It has a 2.0 USB port, MMC and SD card slot along with a game disc that comes with a wireless function. It also comes with FM, IR and speaker input ports.
- Easy installation with no wires poking through when you are done
- The remote can double up as a game controller
- No skipping of movies with a resume feature
- The quality of the mounting system and the monitors is superior
- The sound is not reliable
- It can’t play DIVX off a USB drive
- The cables and connectors seem to be of cheap quality
- Poor customer service
- The Bottom Line
Basically, it can be said that this DVD player works flawlessly as a movie player, gaming option and picture viewer. It’s easy to control, even by kids and can be used inside and outside of a car, which is a great plus. You can use it to keep the children engaged while you focus on driving or completingyourhome-related chores.
This DVD player is a magnificent piece of work with a dual digital screen that can keep the passengers entertained during any road trip – short ones or long ones. It is loaded with advanced features that will make you wish you had bought it earlier.
It has a dual HD DVD system and a sleek and ultra-thin design. Also, it is versatile, as you can use it inside and outside a car.
It arrives with 2 IR headphones and is region free. Moreover, it supports 32-bit gaming and has an HDMI port that is built-in, but you can also use a USB drive or SD card (32 GB) with it.
The Audio Visual out and AUX in feature enables you to share the music with the other passengers. It also comes with speakers and FM transmitter.
- Auto resume in case of power cuts
- Bright and clear screen
- All wires can be hidden behind the seat
- Great customer service
- No disturbance with headphones
- The speaker ports are located in the back, which is quite inconvenient
- SD and USB playback is limited to 720X480 resolution
- Inserting and removing DVDs is a bit difficult due to cramped space
- The Bottom Line
If you want your kids to enjoy movies, music, images, and gaming while traveling, then nothing can beat this DVD player. It’s sleek, good looking, easy to install and works like a dream. It also allows you to share media with others easily.
If you’re in the market for acar DVD player with flip down monitor, then this product is an awesome choice as it provides a lot of entertainment options. The large screen and high resolution make it worth the price and offer you undiluted entertainment.
It provides crystal-clear images thanks to its big LCD screen and it comes with ports for SD cards, USB, and HDMI.It even has an anti-skip feature for those of you who are annoyed with DVD players that skip movies.
The ultra-sleek design makes it a good-looking addition to any car and it also comes with 2 LED lights.It also has an IR transmitter that lets you connect the headphones or use the FM transmitter to play your favorite songs through the audio system of your car.
A multi-language display is supported and the HDMI input lets you connect your smart devices like smartphones to share media. Speaking of media, you should know it supports CDs, VCD, and MP4 and has a 32-bit game disc with 300 games.
The LED dome lights activate when you open the door, which makes a good impression on everyone.
- Good picture quality
- Easy to use remote
- The movies and radio work simultaneously
- This product works great with iPhone to stream movies
- It offers great value for the money
- Some users reported that it can’t play movies from the USB port
- The LED lights stopped working after a while
- The display screen gets fuzzy at times
- The Bottom Line
This is a great car DVD player especially due to 3 listening options, various input options and ease of installation. If you have always wanted a flip down DVD player for your car, then you can go for this one as it has some of the best options on the market.
Benefits of Getting a Card DVD Player
- Say “Good-Bye”to Boredom
If you and your family often take road trips during the holidays, then it is very likely that your kids will get bored easily and need some form of entertainment. In such cases, you need to stop their whining by providing them in-car entertainment. For that, you need to invest in a DVD player asit will allow your kids to watch TV shows, movies or even play video games.
When the kids are busy, you will get the required peace and quiet needed to safely navigate the high traffic roads and find a parking space.
- Dual Entertainment
As most DVD players are independent of the audio system of a car, it allows the passengers and driver to opt for different forms of entertainment. While a driver and front passengers enjoy music from the stereo, the back-seat passengers can listen to DVDs by using their headphones. This means there will be no more fights over the entertainment system.
- Varied Options
When looking for the best car DVD players, you should remember you can either choose a flip down monitor that can be installed on your car’s ceiling or you can opt for a headrest monitor that is installed behind the headrests of the front seats. You can also opt for in-dash DVD players. All three of these are awesome options that make you feel more in control and let you enjoy the shows/movies you want at an angle you prefer.
How to Choose the Best Car DVD Players?
Now, if you are impressed by the benefits of installing a car DVD player, and you are seriously considering making this investment, then we suggest that you remember some important things to look for. Doing so will allow you to choose a product that perfectly matches your needs and provides you with entertainment options you can’t resist.
When you search for the best car DVD players, you should remember that there are two key options when it comes to picking the right product. You can either go for a portable DVD player that you can use out of the car, or you can opt for a DVD player that is specifically designed only for use in a car.
Portable options are chosen by people who want a DVD player that doesn’t need to be connected to a power outlet in order to function. They are usually battery operated and can be used at home, during a picnic or when you are out camping. Non-portable options are preferred by people who don’t want the hassle of carrying a big DVD player from one place to the other.
If you want one ofthe best car DVD players, you should look for a product that offers high resolutions for best visibility. There are two key options when it comes to screen quality, analog and digital. The latter offers a higher quality of the image and is highly preferred by people who want the entertainment factor to be top-notch.
- Screen Size
The size of the screen matters when you want to choose a DVD player for a car because the wider the screen, the higher the entertainment value will be. This doesn’t mean that you should pick a DVD player with 10.1-inch screens and not consider the space available in your vehicle.
You should always remember the size of your vehicle while picking the screen size. Also, keep in kind that a larger screen size is often recommended for people who like to play games and watch movies.
If you are after the best car DVD players, you must decide whether you want to invest in a product that allows the use of a touchscreen or not. This decision would largely depend on how comfortable you and your kids are with touchscreens. In case all of you are aware of how to use a touchscreen, you can opt for it to enhance your speed of operating a DVD player.
On the other hand, if some of you are unable to use a touchscreen, you will do well to avoid this feature. The budget also plays a role here as touchscreen DVD players are usually more expensive than the plain screen ones.
Also, the sound matters a lot when you are picking the best car DVD players because it enhances your entertainment experience and helps you to enjoy yourself a bit more. So, you should ensure that the sound quality is as good as possible.
Even though some people consider this feature to be an added expense, we believe that this type of expense is worth it because it enhances your experience no matter if you are watching a DVD or you are simply listening to music.
- Battery Life
Most users choose their car DVD players based on whether it has a built-in battery or not. The former is preferred by a lot of people because it allows them to enjoy a movie or a music session for several hours at once without depending on the car’s power source. If you also want to reduce the dependence on the vehicle’s power source, then we recommend that you pick a DVD player that can run continuously for 5 to 7 hours without interruption.
Even though most options available on the market have a battery life of 2 to 5 hours, you should make an effort to look for a system with slightly higher battery life to ensure that you and your family enjoy seamless entertainment during long trips.
- Different Formats
Remember to choose a product that allows you to play various formats that include but are not limited to MP3, CDs, MP4 and HDMI inputs. It will also be good if the device can allow you to play games, YouTube videos or any other videos that are stored on USB flash drives or SD cards. The more versatile a system is, the higher its entertainment value will be.
- Added Accessories
If you have your mind set on a DVD player, make sure you read the product specifications to ensure that you are offered the required add-on accessories such as wires, brackets, tuners, etc. You should also ensure that you have the right AC adaptors, car chargers and HDMI connections included as these will make the installation of the DVD player easier and allow you to save money as you won’t have to go out and buy these accessories by spending more money.
How to Install a Car DVD Player?
Now that you have had a look at the best car DVD players available on the market and you have made up your mind on which one to buy, you must know the basics of installingthis device. It will ensure that you get started with using the new system as soon as it arrives so that you canenjoy the entertainment provided by your purchase.
The Steps You Should Follow
- Step 1
The first step is to remove the old car stereo by using several of the basic tools. Remember that you will need to remove the trim and the dash fascia.
- Step 2
Make use of the tools to detach the existing car stereo unit from the wiring harness and mounting brackets.
- Step 3
Read the instruction manual that has arrived with your new DVD player to see whether you need to add another mounting kit that fits your dash. If the answer is affirmative, then you should remove the old one.
- Step 4
Connect the required wires to the car one at a time. In most cases, you will need to connect ACC, BATT and GND wires to ensure that the unit can be powered on. Make sure that you connect the speaker wires like FL/FR/RL/RR.
- Step 5
The final step is to turn the car DVD player on and test its visuals and sound. If they are functioning as per expectation, then you have done everything right and you can enjoy your new gadget.
Some Other Suggestions to Make the Car DVD Player Purchasing Decision a Success
- Make sure you choose a DVD player that comes with a detailed instruction manual as it will help you make the most of the entertainment unit.
- Select a DVD player provider that has top of the line customer service to ensure that you can get a refund in case you are supplied with a defective product.
- When detaching the dash components or mounting hardware that is already installed, be gentle with it to ensure that it can be reused in the future and isn’t permanently damaged.
- Teach your passengers or kids on how to use a DVD player before you give them the control to ensure that they don’t end up harming the unit.
How to Ensure that a Car DVD Player and Its Discs Last for Long?
In order to make sure that the car DVD player will be functional for as long as possible, you have to ensure proper maintenance. Here is what you can do:
- Clean the laser lens of the DVD player at regular intervals by unscrewing the player’s case.
- Make use of a soft brush, canned air / hair dryer, a camera-lens cleaner or a foam swab along with a cleaning fluid that can be bought from any store selling camera-related items.
- Start the process by removing the cover screws on the top or wherever they are located.
- Set your hair dryer on cool and remove the dust. You can also use canned air instead of a hair dryer.
- Dampen a swab or foam with lens cleaner (just a few drops are enough) and clean the unit.
- Once you are sure you have done a good job, put the cover back and ensure that you tighten all the screws.
- Many people blame the DVD player if the discs skip or stop working. It’s not always the case as the discs can also be defective.
- If you are facing the same problem, then add some rubbing alcohol to clean the dust and debris off the DVDs.
- Make sure that all the discs are put back in their sleeves after every use.
- Blow the dust off before playing a DVD or wipe it with a clothdampened in rubbing alcohol. Make sure the cloth is lint-free so it doesn’t leave any traces behind.
- Your fingertips must touch onlythe edges or the central hole of the DVDs.
- Invest in a good disc repair kit if one of your discs is scratched.
Many people are scared of investing in a good DVD player because they don’t know what features to search for and what type of DVD player would suit their needs. We suggest that you have a look at the features of the products mentioned by us and match them with your unique needs. For instance, if you have only one kid and you are usually on the driver’s seat, there is no point in buying a dual screen DVD player, is there?
When you make a smart decision and pick a DVD player that fits your needs perfectly, you will be able to enhance the quality of the road trips for your passengers. It will ensure that they are delighted every time they travel with you and you will enjoy a silent and pleasant drive.